HORSEPOWER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HORSEPOWER

ENGINE BUILDING, HORSE POWER TIPS, ENGINE QUESTIONS, HOT NEW PARTS, DYNO TESTED FACTS, HEAD PORTING, ALL AROUND ENGIINE TALK.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Factory Motrs Run The Best???

Go down 
4 posters

What Factory Engines Run With The Best???
LS6 454
What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Empty0%What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_voting_bar
 0% [ 0 ]
426 HEMI
What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Empty60%What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_voting_bar
 60% [ 3 ]
429 FORD
What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Empty0%What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_voting_bar
 0% [ 0 ]
427 FORD
What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Empty40%What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_voting_bar
 40% [ 2 ]
440-SIX-PACK
 0% [ 0 ]
350 SBC
 0% [ 0 ]
302SBC
 0% [ 0 ]
OTHER
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
PlymouthTony

PlymouthTony

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-07-02

What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Empty
PostSubject: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 5:22 pm

And Why!!!!
Back to top Go down
PlymouthTony

PlymouthTony

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 5:26 pm

Obviously yah can't Beat the Hemi!!!
Back to top Go down
DEVIL MAN
Admin
DEVIL MAN

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: yeah the hemi   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 5:37 pm

the hemi was one of the best engines ever built but very heavy but the L88 427 ran pretty dam good too
Back to top Go down
https://horsepowertalk.forumotion.com
PlymouthTony

PlymouthTony

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 5:39 pm

redneck wrote:
the hemi was one of the best engines ever built but very heavy but the L88 427 ran pretty dam good too

Oh yah forgot to tell yah to check about these engine weights
http://www.team.net/sol/tech/engine.html
Back to top Go down
DEVIL MAN
Admin
DEVIL MAN

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 5:51 pm

i didn't see a ponticrap 455 i the weight list i was hoping to find out the wait beacuse somone told me that the 455 was a tank
Back to top Go down
FoMoCo

FoMoCo

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 3:17 pm

Ford 427 with one stipulation...the SOHC version, that was one nutty mill. the OHV version is pretty damn good too, if you run aluminum heads and intake it drops the weight below a Windsor w/cast heads/intake. the first-gen top oilers were a pile of crap tho
Back to top Go down
PlymouthTony

PlymouthTony

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 3:32 pm

FoMoCo wrote:
Ford 427 with one stipulation...the SOHC version, that was one nutty mill. the OHV version is pretty damn good too, if you run aluminum heads and intake it drops the weight below a Windsor w/cast heads/intake. the first-gen top oilers were a pile of crap tho

You're such a shit, friends don't let friends drive mopar? What a fock! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FoMoCo

FoMoCo

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 5:30 pm

pw383426 wrote:
FoMoCo wrote:

You're such a shit, friends don't let friends drive mopar? What a fock! Very Happy

hahaha, you still have a boner for mopars Laughing

not that there aren't cool mopars out there, but parts are more expensive than ford, fock that shit, ford's expensive enough...I'm just about ready to start mobin a chevy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
PlymouthTony

PlymouthTony

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 5:33 pm

FoMoCo wrote:
pw383426 wrote:
FoMoCo wrote:

hahaha, you still have a boner for mopars Laughing

not that there aren't cool mopars out there, but parts are more expensive than ford, fock that shit, ford's expensive enough...I'm just about ready to start mobin a chevy Rolling Eyes

Been through this argument too many times... look up summit or PAW and check out how much mopar is compared to Ford(Focked Over Rebuilt Dodge) and yuo'll see mopar is cheaper. But I still own all three! cheers
Back to top Go down
DEVIL MAN
Admin
DEVIL MAN

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:30 pm

well for one PAW is crapy ass made in god dam china bull shit! so there prices dont count, PAW should pay us to run there shity ass shit. and as for summit there parts are at least made in usa but in any case there is little price differance between chevy, ford, and mopar, unless you want to actualy want to make power than you run a chevy!
Back to top Go down
PlymouthTony

PlymouthTony

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 7:33 pm

DEVIL MAN wrote:
well for one PAW is crapy ass made in god dam china bull shit! so there prices dont count, PAW should pay us to run there shity ass shit. and as for summit there parts are at least made in usa but in any case there is little price differance between chevy, ford, and mopar, unless you want to actualy want to make power than you run a chevy!

Umm PAW is all built in USA stuff buddy... Summit's the ones that I don't believe when they say made in USA.
And this argument is old so I don't want to have to prove you wrong again...

And remember that Issue of Hot Rod? Where they challenged each other in Crate Motor build offs and the Mopar made more hp for less money than they chevy? Suck a dick
Back to top Go down
DEVIL MAN
Admin
DEVIL MAN

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 8:05 pm

PAW says right on it MADE IN CHINA! SO SUCK MY DICK! AND YEAH SMALL MOPAR
Back to top Go down
PlymouthTony

PlymouthTony

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 8:06 pm

DEVIL MAN wrote:
PAW says right on it MADE IN CHINA! SO SUCK MY DICK!

Oh yah? What do you own that's PAW and says made in China? All their head, block, and intake castings are from production America!
Back to top Go down
DEVIL MAN
Admin
DEVIL MAN

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 8:08 pm

all there after market parts are china it says right in the catalog
Back to top Go down
PlymouthTony

PlymouthTony

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 8:10 pm

DEVIL MAN wrote:
all there after market parts are china it says right in the catalog

Aftermarket? What do they make that is aftermarket?
Back to top Go down
DEVIL MAN
Admin
DEVIL MAN

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 8:19 pm

there cams, cranks, lifters, pistons, rings, and bearings etc. PAW has alot of after market parts they make personaly they show them in a lot of mags other than there's like 4 wheeler, 4 wheel drive, hotrod, car craft, motor trend and so on.
Back to top Go down
PlymouthTony

PlymouthTony

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 8:21 pm

DEVIL MAN wrote:
there cams, cranks, lifters, pistons, rings, and bearings etc. PAW has alot of after market parts they make personaly they show them in a lot of mags other than there's like 4 wheeler, 4 wheel drive, hotrod, car craft, motor trend and so on.

Show me something that might closely resemble some kind of Aftermarket parts that say "Made In China" from PAW and you might have some credibility
Back to top Go down
PlymouthTony

PlymouthTony

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 8:26 pm

Here is the Manufactures that PAW sells from, so unless you're calling all of these manufactures aren't made in America I guess they are made in China.... http://www.pawinc.com/manufacturers.html

And PAW as a much larger selection of products than Summit has, which is more idiot friendly, bright colors, and tells you how much horsepower you'll get from their electric turbos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DEVIL MAN
Admin
DEVIL MAN

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 am

thanx for the site i looked through some of them but thats major supplyers for PAW but PAW also makes their own parts too. but for instance one of the brands i saw on that list was PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS, remember thats the brand of intake i had bought for my big block chevy that polished one. well they sell out of Hawthorne, CA but my intake said china right on the under side of it.
Back to top Go down
PlymouthTony

PlymouthTony

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 12:14 pm

DEVIL MAN wrote:
thanx for the site i looked through some of them but thats major supplyers for PAW but PAW also makes their own parts too. but for instance one of the brands i saw on that list was PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS, remember thats the brand of intake i had bought for my big block chevy that polished one. well they sell out of Hawthorne, CA but my intake said china right on the under side of it.

Well then your intake was made in China by another company, not by PAW. PAW only does remanufactured stuff that's all in house work, for their heads, heads, and castings
Back to top Go down
fordsbeatmopars

fordsbeatmopars

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-07-04

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 1:27 pm

you would have to go with the 427 ford its bigger than the hemi lol!
Back to top Go down
fordsbeatmopars

fordsbeatmopars

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-07-04

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 1:28 pm

Back to top Go down
PlymouthTony

PlymouthTony

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 2:17 pm

fordsbeatmopars wrote:

Then why not go with the 429 Ford? And bigger does not mean better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Factory Motrs Run The Best???   What Factory Motrs Run The Best??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Factory Motrs Run The Best???
Page 1 of 1